We are looking for a talented WordPress Developer to join our development team.
Your role will involve creating WordPress themes, helping to maintain our in-house WordPress plugins, providing dev support to colleagues and customers and maintaining our existing WordPress websites.
- Ability to manage your own time efficiently. You will be working across several different projects simultaneously with various different deadlines to meet.
- Ability to demonstrate past WordPress experience (portfolio, GitHub, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of WordPress platform and WordPress architecture (e.g. hooks, filters, parent/child themes, AJAX, wp_cron, etc.).
- Experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS.
- Proficiency in PHP and MYSQL for use with WordPress.
- Strong awareness of data security (coding practices, data handling, basic server security, etc).
- WordPress coding standards.
- Some server management knowledge (LAMP/LEMP).
- WooCommerce experience (management/theming/plugin dev/etc.).
- Experience of the pitfalls of working with high traffic websites.
About Think Zap
- We’re a remote team in and around the Glasgow / Edinburgh area and whilst we mainly work from home there will be times where we need to go see clients or meet up as a team.
- Flexible hours – we’re a creative business and to ask our creative team to be their most creative between the hours of 9 and 5 is counter-intuitive.
- You will receive a minimum of 34 holidays per year which includes two weeks off at Christmas and New Year.
- We will supply any remote working tools/equipment required.
- Pension included. You will be safely onboarded during Covid-19.
Job: Full-time, permanent.
Salary: £24,000 – £40,000 D.O.E.